Richard T. Scott, Jr., MD, FACOG, ALD/HCLD
Accomplishments and Expertise
- Founding Partner, Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey
- Professor and Fellowship Director, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- Professor, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Embryology, preimplantation genetic screening (PGD), and non-invasive screening of embryonic reproductive competence.
- Over 500 published scientific papers and abstracts
- SART Prize Paper, The American Society for Reproductive Medicine, 2009, 2010
- US News & World Report Top Doctors 2016
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine Top Docs Award 2016
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area 2016
MEET Dr. Scott
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Dr. Scott first learned about IVF at about the time most people did, when the breakthrough procedure was first making headlines in 1977. In 1978, when the first IVF birth was announced, Dr. Scott was a first year medical student eagerly gathering any knowledge he could about what was then the hot new topic of the day.
“I was irresistibly curious about IVF, and knew I wanted to do embryology and research,” he says. “I’ve now watched the field from its beginning and have seen it get better and better every year.” As a founding partner and laboratory director for RMANJ, Dr. Scott says the shared quizzical mindset of his staff allows them to bring more technology to bear in less time, meaning faster answers for the patients they treat.
“We have very talented people in every position, a world class embryology lab and research center, and relationships that are unique to us,” he says. “We are creating and validating technology before others even know it’s out there, enabling us to offer outstanding, science-based clinical care, delivered compassionately.”
Dr. Scott is proud to say that RMANJ sets the standard for cutting edge research and technology, combined with unsurpassed patient care. In addition to his staff of outstanding physicians, he says the unique clinical and laboratory training offered through the Jefferson-RMA REI Fellowship program is also attracting the best and brightest from around the country. Last year, 80 prospective fellows applied for one position.
Committed to advancing the field as a whole, Dr. Scott shares the latest developments out of RMANJ with medical professionals around the world. “I travel and teach all over the globe. We do unique things here, and when you do that, you share what you learn. You bring the rest of the world along,” he says. “If you lead, lead from the front.”
In addition to his work, Dr. Scott’s passions include flying airplanes of any kind. The son of a test pilot, he says he could fly before he could drive, and has taken the controls in the cockpit of everything from a commercial jet to a high performance aerobatic plane.
Dr. Scott is a board certified Reproductive Endocrinologist, Obstetrician and Gynecologist who serves as Professor and Fellowship Director, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University. He is also board certified by the American Board of Bioanalysis as an embryologist, andrologist, and high complexity clinical laboratory director.
He received his medical degree from the University of Virginia Medical School, performed his Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, and completed his fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology at the Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine in Norfolk, Virginia.
140 Allen Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920