Having a well-balanced healthy diet is one of the best ways a woman can prepare herself for pregnancy. Medical nutrition therapy can play a major role in management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), insulin resistance and hormone balance. It can put you on the right path to achieve a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI), which may affect your ability to conceive. Our Collaborative Wellness Team works closely with Be Well. Wellness Center in Morristown, NJ, to provide you with nutrition counseling and dietary education classes in each of our RMANJ office locations.
Marisa Sweeney, RD, owner of Be Well. Wellness Center has been a Registered Dietitian since 2009. She earned her bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science with a concentration in Dietetics from Montclair State University and is a member of Nutrition and Dietetics, and New Jersey Dietetic Association. Marisa worked closely with our Clinical Care Team to develop RMANJ’s nutrition program, where she provides nutrition counseling and dietary education classes for our patients and staff in each of our RMANJ office locations.
The importance of proper diet and nutrition:
- Maintaining a healthy BMI is associated with regular ovulation and increased IVF success rates
- Having a low carbohydrate, portion-control diet helps reduce insulin levels which supports weight loss
- Getting 30 minutes of exercise helps lower insulin levels and optimizes fertility
- Having adequate Omega-3 in your diet promotes cycle regulation and improves fertility
- Getting enough micronutrients, especially antioxidants, increases the chance of getting pregnant and fosters a healthy pregnancy
our collaborative wellness team,
please call 973-656-2865