You Got This, Girl: 5 Ways to Stay Positive on Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day – it’s complicated, isn’t it? Here’s a list of five things you can do this Sunday to shake off those blues.
- Whatever your inner voice wants to do – whether it’s a spa day, indulging in a sweet treat, catching a movie, turning up the music on a long drive or just taking a nap, do whatever feels right today – go on, spoil yourself a little.
- Move your body – yoga, meditation, a hike or a long walk alone, exercise helps release endorphins that give you a natural high so you can enjoy yourself.
- Write a love letter – to yourself. Have you ever thought about the things you love about yourself? Write them down. Tell yourself all the ways you’re proud of yourself and how you admire yourself. This will help you practice self-love and self-compassion.
- Create something – it could be a meal, a drawing or a small herb garden on your balcony. Whatever it is you create, you’ll be tapping into your nurturing side and gain pride in your work.
- Give back – you can hold the door open, compliment a stranger or donate clothes. It’s the little things that mean so much to others that can also be very rewarding for you. You’ll be glad you did.
If you’re looking for additional support, please check out our private FertiliTalk community on Facebook. FertiliTalk is the support network for fertility patients, by fertility patients. Get involved in the discussion today to share your unique experiences, learn from others, and know that you are absolutely not alone in this journey.
To learn more please visit: facebook.com/groups/FertiliTalk